Monday, January 3, 2011

Holidaze

Coming back to work from a two-week holiday is like diving into the deep end without taking a big breath first. No matter how you prepare mentally, and even if you've been checking emails while you were away, it's still a shock to the system.

Thankfully my colleague, who was sent from heaven, made me some coffee this morning. That was a good start.

I've got to approach today with a strategy. I think my strategy will be to take the focus away from TODAY and think more about THIS WEEK. It'll take some pressure off this single workday to instead utilize the entire week to get up to date, up to speed, and back on track. I must also remind myself that no problem is unsolvable and no mistake is unforgiven. On top of that, my best approach is to take things one step at a time, set myself goals for each day, and remember that no matter how stressful the day, it always ends!

I shall reward myself with an evening filled with MTV Canada and sitting on the couch.

Let's go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment