There's an event in London ON this Thursday that my boss is going to. Last week my colleagues asked if I was going as well, and I said I wasn't, plus I added that I no longer care to go any more southwest than Waterloo ON.
That same day my boss stopped by my desk and told me that next week (this week) is going to be pretty busy for him and he asked if I could go to London in his place. The colleagues who had asked me if I was going were within earshot as I replied, "Of course! I'll be there!"
They thought it was pretty funny that on the same day I had said I was absolutely not going to London that I subsequently agreed to go, and it was funny. However, who am I to turn down any request that my boss makes (within reason)? I'm at the beginning of my career, keen to gain experience and knowledge, and advance forward to the next level. If my boss wants me to go to London, I'm going! Plus, it means a day off work and a long train ride. Personally I like long train rides.
So, London here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment