I just had a really successful and satisfying time & stress-management moment and therefore I wanted to share. I don't mean for this to be a career blog... or at least I never meant for it to be, but if that's sort of how it's evolved then that's okay with me. The main mission though will continue to be to discuss what my life has been like since I graduated; what I miss, what I don't, what I'm doing, what I'm learning, what I've carried on with me since graduation, etc.
But the truth is that most of my life is my career right now. I'm in a small town with not a lot going on aside from 9-5 Monday-Friday. I'm okay with that. If I carry this blog on with me for a while, then maybe we'll see how things change when I'm (inevitably) back in a big(ger) city.
Anyway, without further ado...
Another big event coming up for me - a week from today. This has involved months of planning, countless emails, a whole new vocabulary, lots of details... you get the picture. As per usual I've gotten caught among all the details and I'm trying to climb out of it all. Once again, as per usual, I've made list upon list of things to do, but even those lists - my beloved lists!!! - are contributing to the problem somehow because there's just SO MUCH TO DO!!!
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to intervene.
So I created a new list. I condensed the other lists and then made a column of when these things needed to be done. They were either today, this week, or next week. Lo and behold I realized that there were only SEVEN things I had to do today. Praise the Lord!!! I can absolutely get those 7 things done today, and I might actually find that I have time (considering it's 10:30am) to do more tasks, thereby decreasing what's left to do tomorrow and for the rest of the week.
#satisfying #efficient #destressed
No comments:
Post a Comment