St. Patrick's Day... a religious holiday to celebrate the Saint, Patrick, but taken over by green-clothed university students who need an excuse to skip classes, drink the day away, and make fools of themselves.
If you think I disagree with this behaviour, you're wrong... I straight-up miss it.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't entirely miserable yesterday, but I did spend a bunch of the day reminiscing on the epic St. Patrick's Days I experienced throughout my 5-year stint at WLU. 1st year my roommate and I drove to London to party with our friends at Western, 2nd year we threw an enormous party at our student house..... Each and every one of them was so fun!
Yesterday I worked on investment reports, tidied my office, and typed up meeting minutes.
There's no question about it, my life has changed.
But it's not about questions like, has it changed for the better or worse? It's just about reflecting on the great days I had in university, and the different, but equally (if not more) great days I'm having now that I've graduated. Okay, so I didn't drink a drop of alcohol yesterday... bummer. But I also didn't wake up this morning and feel the stress/anxiety of upcoming exams, essay due dates, or any of that other stuff. I'm glad I had those experiences, that fun, that anxiety, that craziness... but I'm also glad it's over.
It's a transition period... and I'm figuring out a way to make it work. It's not always easy, but it's inevitable.
No comments:
Post a Comment