Hello readers! It's been a while since I last checked in, so I thought I'd pop by and bring you somewhat up to date.
The last time I posted I was talking about Project Burden. Thanks to the strategy I implemented (see post), what was once Project Burden is now partially complete, and barely a burden. Once I found the time to tackle it head-on, I realized that it wasn't worth stressing about. Isn't that always the way...
That being said, part of the reason I found the project to be a burden was because it didn't seem to fall under our office's responsibilities. It didn't seem to push our agenda at all, nor result in anything worthwhile for us. Therefore, I proposed that we give it to another department to manage. I didn't do it because it was a pain or burden, but because after I started working on it, I sort of wondered why it was in my portfolio.
My superiors agreed and accepted my proposal. I guess that's part of the working life, too... recognizing those sorts of things and having the confidence and conviction to propose an alternative. It's not easy, because especially early on you feel the need to say Yes to everything and do as much as you can to impress your superiors. However, sometimes it's just as impressive to know when to say No and when to come up with alternatives. Food for thought.
In other news, things at work have ramped up over the past month. I'm keeping very busy, engaged, and productive. I don't get stressed a whole lot, but the days go by pretty fast and it's hard to get work off my mind when I get home some nights. But, I'm just taking everything day by day, learning from every experience, and trying my best! Seems to be working okay so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment