I never went to my high school graduation. I probably would've, but I had already started working at a camp for the summer, so I just couldn't. The truth is that I don't normally care about occasions like that, but when my university convocation was about to occur, I figured it was time that I let myself enjoy some pomp & circumstance... plus, I thought my parents might enjoy seeing the end result of my 5+ years at uni.
Here's what I was shocked by: how proud I felt. I was practically beaming the entire time - especially seeing my parents and my best friends in the crowd.
You sometimes feel like university is just going through the motions until you're done... but it wasn't an easy ride, was it? It was hard work, stress, anxiety, and sometimes working your body and brain past their limits. Alternatively it was fun, and my mind was expanded to embrace new ideas, concepts, and issues, and my whole self was challenged to learn and grow and change...
University was an experience and I'm so glad I got to celebrate the official end of one phase of my life now that I'm in the next one. I deserved a little pomp & circumstance, right?
Thank you for joining my blog Gammablixt! I am Peter Ingestad aka Kraxpelax.
ReplyDelete